2011年3月18日金曜日

What I was making 30 years ago


A couple of pictures from my album of things I made in the early 1980s. I made plenty of things before that but don't have photographs of them.

At that time I was living in Japan and watching the daily tv programme on crafts (there was a half hour of cookery and a half hour of crafts every morning, repeated in the evening.)

The bag was one of the projects. I couldn't, at that  time, get any lace except white, so I dyed the lace myself and I was pleased with how it came out. The body of the bag is velvet.



This was a formal little evening jacket, again a project from the tv programme.

It was sleeveless so I was able to make it from a remnant - I was short of money at the time.

I still think the combination of trapunto and embroidery and beading is unusual and very successful.



0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿