2011年11月27日日曜日

Pockets


Because I walk with elbow crutches, carrying things is difficult, so I make large poachers pockets and sew them to the inside of all my cardigans. Why the inside? If you are not very mobile, pockets on the outside of garments can too easily get caught on things and pull one off-balance.

These are the pockets for the inside of my cable pattern cardigan. The cardigan is knitted with two strands of yarn held together, so the pockets are done with one strand to reduce bulk. Stocking stitch flops too much to be convenient for big pockets, so I have made a corner to corner garter stitch square and then picked up along one side and worked a garter stitch hem on fewer stitches than normal. This pulls the top in and stops things falling out of the pockets.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿