2010年10月28日木曜日

Dolls House Bride


I have a seriously overcrowded dolls house because, although most people seem to go for dolls houses with rooms full of furniture and  just a few dolls, I found that what I loved was making the dolls. Sadly my eyesight is now too bad to make any more, but it is probably just as well as the dolls house is full to capacity!

I made the dolls house myself from a kit supplied, probably in the late 1990s by a firm in, I think, York, whose name I can no longer remember. It was perfect for my tiny flat as it has such a small footprint.



As I am keen lace knitter you may not be surprised that this was the first doll that I made! The pattern was in one of the dolls house magazines, of which there were quite a number in the 1990s. I had a look this morning to see if I could find the pattern, but I just couldn't find it, so I can't provide any more information about it than that. I remember knitting it on tiny needles, using au ver a soie thread.  It was intended as a wedding dress and I think it was part of a wedding issue of the magazine, but I made it in ecru. After all white wedding dresses are a relatively recent idea.



I still remember how much fun it was to knit.


0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿