2011年6月18日土曜日

Mending Sushi Mats - yet again!


Yesterday Sunny fell sound asleep - which seemed a good opportunity for me to make progress on the endless ribbing for my daughter's cardigan. But my husband had spotted that for once I didn't have my hands full - so I ended up mending sushi mats - which seems a never-ending chore. My husband is a sushi chef and the heavy-duty, restaurant-quality sushi mats are not available in the UK. So it is inconvenient for the restaurant if their mats start to disintegrate. The bamboo rods are very durable but the string that holds them together wears out quite quickly. Somehow or other - probably my husband's confident 'my wife can mend anything' - I got volunteered to do running repairs. Each mat takes 40 minutes to dismantle and restring - and a busy restaurant has an awful lot of them. I seem to do a minimum of one mat a week.



And here is Sunny playing with our fly screen curtains.



0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿