2011年7月1日金曜日

Another try at a man's scarf


I told you a bit back that I was knitting a double-layered scarf in linen stitch. Well, the drape was fine and I liked the fabric, but I got to the end of the first ball of yarn and realised that I was going to need an insane number of balls to make a scarf - it was impossibly yarn-hungry. That was going to make it expensive, seriously time-consuming, and really too heavy for a scarf into the bargain.

So I ripped it back and thought again. In the end I have settled for the pattern Mary Thomas calls Woven Rib, which is a sort of first cousin to linen stitch. And I'm using much larger needles.

So far I think it will work and I like the fact that it looks quite different on both sides. It is also fun that, despite being a stocking stitch based pattern, it doesn't curl.





0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿