2010年12月1日水曜日

Fancy Rib Scarf


I was feeling in need of some easy knitting the other day so I fished an anonymous ball out of my stash and started a scarf.

I don't know if the stitch has a proper name, but I use it frequently for scarves as it has better width that single rib but less bulk than double rib. It's also interesting to knit and very easy.

Cast on a multiple of 4 stitches plus one extra.

Every row is worked (Knit 3, purl 1) to the last stitch, which is knit 1.

You soon see how the pattern works so mistakes are very easy to spot.



Here is a close-up. The fabric has the advantage for scarves of being completely reversible. It looks the same on both sides.



As the yarn was a nicely shaded one, a bit of trial and error let me find a width for the scarf that let the colours drift across it in graceful curves.

Last night when I was nearing the end, my husband asked who it was for. I asked him if he wanted it, and he did! So I stayed up late to finish it and he went out this morning wearing it.



0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿