2010年12月19日日曜日

Snow and Tatting


Here is the view of the garden yesterday afternoon.


And here is my most recent piece of tatting.

This one is Saphir from Frivolite dentelle aux navettes by Pascale Provost.

This is a book which for some reason gets a rather bad review on tatting book websites. It is said to be difficult to follow. I heartily disagree with this opinion. It is definitely not a book for beginners, but anyone who is comfortable with using split rings to work through complex designs will find it perfectly straight forward.

I like the designs in this book because I like geometric designs (when I made bobbin lace I always preferred Torchon lace for the same reason).


1 件のコメント:

  1. Your snow picture is so pretty. That is an interesting tatting piece. I have yet to learn how to do split rings.

    返信削除