2011年8月29日月曜日

My knitting corner


There has been some recent discussion on ravelry about comfortable chairs for knitting so I thought I would show you my knitting corner. There's a desk for my pattern etc. a chair to sit in, a footstool for my feet, a lamp to shine over my shoulder onto my work, a radiator for cold days, and a window to look out of - what could be better!



The chair is one from a set of 4 with a round table intended for a conservatory (which we have not got!) They are very comfortable chairs - at least they are since I discarded the thin, hard cushion pads they came with and made my own cushions with decently thick pads! There's a rectangular cushion for the small of my back.



And a knitted and felted cushion to rest my head on. As you can see, the cushion cover is made to fit over the top of the chair back and is tied in place with strings at each side. It is very comfortable, better than many armchairs - and far easier for arthritic joints to get in and out of!



0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿