2010年11月8日月曜日

Busy Mother

No, I don't mean me. My daughter is grown up and living in Scotland and my husband and I thoroughly enjoy our empty nest.


Here she is in front of my dolls house with baby, toddler and dog.

I really enjoyed knitting miniature clothes and accessories. I used patterns from Farthing Patterns and Period Miniature Patterns.

Mostly I used number 80 lace crochet/tatting thread, not least because that was what I had around.

For anyone wondering, it is not as tricky to knit at these small scales as you would think. I used one of the magnifiers embroiderers use for fine work. There is a cord round your neck and then the base sits on your chest. I found this easier than strong spectacles because you have to take them off to check the pattern.

The little dog was made to order for me by a lady whose name I'm afraid to say I have now forgotten. He was the most expensive item in the dolls house, but is beautifully made, every hair stuck on individually.







0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿