2010年11月2日火曜日

Muriel Shawl


I've just finished my latest shawl. This is Muriel Shawl by Julie Dexter from The Knitter Issue 21. It is worked almost exactly as described in the magazine with the exception of a slight alteration to the edging. It is in Manos del Uruguay Lace yarn, a pleasure to knit with and unbelievably light and warm when finished.



I don't normally make triangular shawls as I prefer a double layer of shawl on my shoulders, which means a square or circular shawl folded  in two. But I was so intrigued by the construction of this one with its short row garter stitch centre that I just had to try it. And I'm so glad I did! It is huge, I tend to find most shawls a bit small since I wear them for warmth and comfort rather than as a fashion statement, but this one is big enough to be really comfortable. 



Here it is off the blocking board and ready to wear!



0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿