2010年11月14日日曜日

Christmas Tree Ornament


I live in a tiny flat and have cats. Neither is conducive to normal size Christmas trees, but this year I thought I would knit a little one. The pattern comes from this year's Irresistible Christmas Gifts to Knit, produced by Simply Knitting. It is the Twinkling Trees pattern by Elizabeth Jarvis.

In my case, I made a fabric lining for the tree and filled it completely with rice. I used one kind of eyelash yarn in knitting the tree and another as 'tinsel'. Then I added an assortment of  beads, charms, buttons, ribbon flowers etc. that I already had in my oddments box. I even found I had a little angel charm to put on the top of the tree!

My husband has watched me knitting this with some bemusement. He just doesn't see the point! He hasn't seen the finished item yet though so it will be interesting to see what he thinks of it then.






0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿