2010年11月27日土曜日

Elephant Quilt


Here is Ginger getting in the way of my showing you the Elephant quilt. The bump in the quilt in the photograph below is Ginger, still refusing to move!



When my daughter was at school the art teacher started a batik club. Since we had seen batik making at a workshop on the Isle of Skye the summer before, my daughter was keen to have a go. After some practising she was ready for a big piece and we agreed that she should make the centre of a medallion quilt for me.

She chose an elephant, but wasn't very happy with the results and I had to nag her to get her to give it to me. With some fancy work with fabric pens to bring out the details and quilting to bring out the design, it really came together and even she has to admit that the quilt is a success!





0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿