2011年1月16日日曜日

Cover for ereader


My husband recently gave me an ereader and it is wonderful. My eyesight was never very good and now it is a good deal worse so I have been unable to read normal print for a number of years. I get talking books from several charities and the RNIB have even started to produce giant print (24 point) books, for all of which I am very grateful. But giant print books are big and heavy and come in multiple volumes for even a short book. None of it is the same as reading an ordinary book for oneself.

So the ereader, which lets me enlarge the print without making the book any bigger or heavier, is an almost unbelievable pleasure. In the photo above, the text is not even at its biggest, there is an even larger setting.

My one niggle is the plasticy cover that is all (as far as I know) that is available for my model. So I decided to try to achieve a leather cover.

I bought a leather book cover kit. It was intended for a Bible so was a bit big and aimed at a much thicker book. It came ready sewn so I unpicked the stitching along 2 sides, cut it down, shortened the strap, made holes with an embroidery stiletto and  resewed it by hand. Then I stained and finished it.



It is not perfect. A purpose designed kit would have been better, but I have not been able to find one. No doubt they will become available as ereaders become more popular. But it protects my precious ereader and does for now.

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿