2011年1月15日土曜日

Jacobean Applique Quilt


Back in the days when my eyesight was better I used to be very fond of freezer paper applique, and this is one of the quilts I made at that time.


When I was at Girton College, Cambridge, back in the 1970s, the room used as the Junior Common Room was a wood panelled one, with huge floor to ceiling panels of Jacobean style embroidery all round the room.  Ever since then, I have had a little corner of my mind that is entertained by the weird and wonderful nature of Jacobean design.



I originally intended the strips as borders for another quilt, but decided they looked better on their own. So I turned them into a strip quilt instead.



1 件のコメント:

  1. I'm in Cambridge and my other half is actually a fellow of Girton, I am going to send him off to look at the JCR next time he is there and report back, because your quilt is beautiful! So impressive.

    返信削除