2011年1月2日日曜日

More log cabin quilts


This quilt was the result of a mistake. I used to buy fabric remnants mail order, which meant no pictures, just a written description of the fabric. This could be misleading as what is in the reader's mind is not always what the writer was thinking. Mostly I got what I was expecting but this one was different. Once I saw it, I could see what the description had meant but it was a very difficult fabric to explain. And it certainly would not do for what I had intended.

After some thought, I decided that the pattern would look a lot better cut up small, so I added a cream fabric and a bit of bright yellow for the borders, and turned it into a quilt.

It's a good many years since I made it, but I still really like it. The fabric, which had been full of huge, screaming, floral motifs, really did look startlingly better when cut up and rearranged.



This bed topper is a different rearrangment of the same off-centre block. But I am not nearly as fond of this version. Somehow it looks spiky and aggressive to me.  It reminds me of barbed wire! I like the colours though.



0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿