Yesterday I made good progress. I got the pocket section sewn to the lining at 8 points. Having done that it was possible to finish the base. I inserted 2 cds, shiny sides outwards as this looks pretty through the knitting. Then I could sew up the opening.
Here you see the inside with the pockets formed and the base in place.
And the outside of the base.
Then I was able to continue the lining until I was level with the start of the eyelet section.
I could then have picked up around the body and knitted the 2 layers together but that forms a slight line on the knitting, which I did not want. Instead I stitched the 2 layers together, picking up at intervals all around and keeping it loose enough not to pull the knitting.
Here that is completed.