2011年5月16日月曜日

Knitted Bag for Tatting - Part 2


At this point I picked up one stitch in each stitch of the purl round nearest the side with the opening.

Working in seed stitch I increased 2 stitches at the centre of each of the 8 segments.



Here you can see the base with the seed stitch pocket section begun and the remaining purl round visible - that will be used later.



I worked in seed stitch until I had sufficient for the pocket section - in this case, until it was tall enough to hold an upright tatting shuttle. I then cast off - this is one situation where the instruction to cast off loosely does NOT apply. I wanted to cast off at the same tension as the seed stitch so the pocket top would not stretch in use.

Then I went back and picked up all round the remaining purl round, but increasing 1 stitch for every 2 stitches picked up except where the 8 sections met each other (these areas I just picked up straight with no increases). With the purl side towards the seed stitch section I was now able to work the body of the bag in stocking stitch.

 More later.


0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿