2011年5月8日日曜日

Knitted Cat Toys


My husband has promised me a ginger kitten for my birthday as soon as we can find one within reach of his old person's travel pass and the state of his gammy leg.

So, yesterday afternoon I sat down and made some little knitted kitten toys. Above is a ball, which I am less than happy with.

Also a mouse made to the Better Catnip Mouse pattern by Margaret Briggs. http://localgringos.com/KnittingPatterns/CatnipMouseKnittingPattern.htm



This one is Knit Felted Catnip Mouse by Jen Kubeck. www.folkcatart.co/blogs/jen I particularly like the very clever ears on this one.

I did not add catnip to either mouse and instead of felting them I used a much smaller needle size than normal.



 This one I made up myself as I went along. I started with an i-cord, worked enough to go comfortably around my hand, and joined it to itself. Then I continued with i-cord, finishing with a 'mouse'. I picked up stitches for the second and third i-cords and worked them to different lengths.

I made the mice like leaves, double increasing and decreasing in the centre to give a three-dimensional shape. Putting the increases on every other row and the decreases on every third row gives the mouse shape.

All I need now is to find the kitten on a day when my husband can fetch him!

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿