2011年5月15日日曜日

Knitting a bag for tatting - One


Here is the base of the bag I am knitting. I am using sock wool and 2mm needles.

 I started by making a circle of 8 stitches - as I showed last time. Then I increased at 8 points on every other round - in this case by adding a yarn-over. This creates a pretty swirl pattern.

As I am planning to stiffen the base with an old cd, I knitted until it was the right size. Then I worked 2 purl rounds (these come in handy later!)



Then I continued working back and forth on half the stitches, as set, but working a decrease (in this case K2B) on alternate rows at the same 8 points. I worked to the last 4 stitches, drew the yarn through them and pulled it up.



Then I did the same thing on the remaining stitches - this gives an opening to put the cd in. It is sewn up afterwards because it is easier to continue knitting without putting the cd in until the end.

More next time!


0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿